With a new recognition by umlaut, Epic has maintained its position as the # 1 mobile network in test in Cyprus. It is the fourth consecutive certification by the independent German company that has placed the Epic network at the top since June 2020.
Epic’s network received a total of 936 points (on a scale of 1-1000) after a revised evaluation covering the period from mid-January to the end of June. This is the highest score the organization has ever received for its network. Epic has secured the highest score in all three main categories of the latest evaluation, which are Broadband Coverage, Download Speed and Latency, and which in combination create a significantly better consumer experience.
umlaut’s methodology focuses on the user experience for each network and is carried out through the crowdsourcing method. The results of these independent ratings are recognized in more than 120 countries as the de facto industry standard of the industry and are utilized by numerous leading telecommunications organizations to evaluate and improve their networks.
Specifically, Epic managed to obtain the following ratings, in the individual categories and subcategories during the latest evaluation.
Coverage – 470/500 points, as follows:
- Coverage Quality – 62/75 points: These are comparative key performance indicators (KPIs) that measure the quality of 4G and 5G broadband services in urban, semi-urban and other areas.
- Coverage Reach – 145/150 points: These are comparative key performance indicators (KPIs) that measure the range of 4G and 5G broadband services in urban, semi-urban and other areas.
- Time on Broadband – 263/275 points: The category records the experience of the end user who has a 4G or 5G device and plan and measures the good individual performance of the broadband services through the user’s time spent on the 4G and 5G networks.
Download Speed – 272/300 points, as follows:
- Speeds supporting Basic Internet (speeds from 2 Mbps and higher) – 146/165 points: The category measures the frequency with which users achieve speeds that support basic Internet services that require 2 Mbps or more.
- Speeds supporting HD (speeds from 5 Mbps and higher) – 95/101 points: The category measures the frequency with which users achieve speeds that support popular services that require 5 Mbps or more.
- Speeds supporting UHD Video (speeds from 20 Mbps and higher) – 31/34 points: The category measures the frequency with which users achieve speeds that support popular services that require 20 Mbps or more.
Latency – 195/200 points, as follows:
- Gaming Class (necessary latency 50 ms or less) – 89/90 points: The category measures the good performance when using online games and which need latency less than 50ms.
- OTT Voice Class (necessary latency 100 ms or less) – 106/110 points: The category measures good individual performance in the use of over-the-top voice services, such as voice calls via Skype, WhatsApp and Viber.
Referring to the new recognition by umlaut, the CTIO of Epic, Yiannis Michaelides, stated: “Our firm commitment to offer subscribers the most reliable communication experience keeps us at the top. The continuous recognitions of our network, are the result of a comprehensive plan that aims to substantially and practically upgrade the daily life of our customers. In recent years, Epic has invested millions of euros in equipment, frequency bands and infrastructure, both on mobile and fixed broadband, focusing on next-generation upgrades that change our lives for the better. These are essentially unique infrastructure projects for the Cypriot telecommunications market, which are implemented quickly, proving a new dynamic culture of flexibility and determination within the organization.
The latest evaluation from umlaut, based on the new methodology that umlaut started using in 2021 in all the countries in which it operates, makes us very happy as it recognizes the continuous improvements to our network and the services we offer and justifies our strategy. Also, these continuous evaluations are for us another motivation for our tireless and unceasing effort to improve.
An excellent example is Epic 5G, which we recently launched and which is expanding at a very fast pace to soon cover most of the population, along with a wide range of supported mobile devices. Built on the award-winning 4G network, Epic’s new 5G network offers subscribers an even more upgraded experience, with unimaginable internet speeds. Connectivity with 5G technology provides unlimited possibilities for development in all areas of everyday life, with access to a wide range of services and opportunities for all. ”
You can learn more about Epic network’s latest award at www.umlaut.com/en/benchmarking/cyprus
Epic. Great network. Great Value.